Monday, April 11, 2011

Garden Party...

you can't please everyone, so you gotta please yourself....

so off I go to the upper village in Montecito...I get to the Tecolote book store and see Wayne sitting behind a little table, smiling and signing books at about 2:50 PM..I start taking pictures..it's a beautiful sunny day...there's about 15 people milling about... then I notice Pedro Nava talking to some folks..a new additon to Team Wendy..putz!

and look who is standing in line..young chicks and cougars! There was magic in the air! I stand by the shade of the old oak tree and watch them but I need to get in line if I want to ask Wayne a question...so I'm standing there..watching..Wayne is giggling with his fans..taking pictures with them.. "Oh he's so cute" they keep saying of Wayne.... man there's some fine perfumed pussy here from good rich families....I'd like to please myself all over their pretty Sunday dresses like Ricky Nelson said in his song...

so I finally got face to face with Wayne..he's sitting and I'm standing...he's still smiling until he sees me..he goes pale..no giggly girl here pal... I ask him what the official stand of the US Humane Society is on the Channel Island slaughter of thousands of animals by the Nature Conservancy and NPS over the years.....he says they've been very critical of it..I ask if that acknowledgement is on their website, he says he doesn't know....nice kid.. more fancy cars pull up, more fancy women....wow..these non-profit folks sure do live well!

ok so I'm back to the old oak tree when I see Wendy and Nipper walking up dressed in white with the sunglasses on... who do they think they are..John and Yoko?? you know what...they are both short with short arms...they looked like a couple of little midgets, certainly not John and Yoko! I swear to God, I thought they were taller and Wendy was homely as hell and her boobs are hanging around her belly..you know what's gonna happen..back problems in a few years..so I would suggest a support bra, Wendy..just looking out for ya!! so I take some pics and walk up to them and ask: why don't you guys do a story on Lanny Ebenstein's grow house issues in Eureka?? Wendy says in a huff "there's no story" and walks away without Nipper, sticking her nose in the air!!! what a brat!! I think she loves me!! I chucked and turned to Nipper who was fuming and said..."there's no story"...he's very short with me..did he know who I was?? then I keep talking to him: no story? a guy from your paper who got sued for operating a grow house is no story?? NEWSFLASH WENDY: YOU OWN A NEWSPAPER!!

then Nipper says it was civil case that got settled..no story..then I say Lanny's got four houses in foreclosure up north and yet he's writing editorials about economic issues as some sort of expert?? Then Nipper says: he doesn't work for us, so it doesn't matter! I said sure he works for you....then Nipper looks around for Wendy...so I say: so anyone can write a guest editorial for you...Nipper says yes in a snippy tone, looking very perturbed and defensive while he's talking to me...so I say Ok, I'll send one in for ya..he says go ahead and looks for Wendy...he keeps turning his back on me... geez...is that anyway to treat a paying customer??

ok...that's enough honky tonkin'..it was time to leave..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reporting on this. The Daily Sound printed a Q&A with Wayne Pacelle, and there were lots of follow-up comments from people. Pacelle -- and the Humane Society of the United States -- have generated a lot of controversy. That could have been the News-Press story. But, hey, he's a friend of Wendy's. There's even a Youtube video of her getting an award from him.