Saturday, June 22, 2024

Light My Fire

You know that it would be untrue, 

you know that I would be a liar

If I was to say to you

girl we couldn't get much higher

c'mon baby, light my fire

Congrats to local rock-n-roll radio station KTYD-that's FM- for 50 years of broadcasting great music! 


I remember the transition from AM to FM where we could hear the long version of Light My Fire, by the Doors on FM...I listened to KTYD, pretty Laurie Cobb and the late great Edward Bear were favorites...always played the good stuff! South California Purples by Chicago!! such good music we had.. and they ain't gonna play Super Session on AM radio!!

We are lucky to still have KTYD playing rocknroll..I can live without censorship, AC-DC, KISS and similar silly novelty acts, the Scorpions? sooo bad and watching them on Youtube was hilarious!! maybe I'll send some CDs to the afternoon guys so they can get out of the Billy Joel, ACDC and Scorpion rut..I think these guys are a little, um, strange...

but KTYD always did shoot for the 13 year olds!! HAHA...

C'mon baby, light my fire!!!

these first days of summer, these fine and sweet June days, are my favorite....a time to run thru the valleys with the coyotes, fly through the canyons with the hawks, slither in the grass with the snakes, or have a beer with the deer...


a time to celebrate the 4th of July soon, and consider the coming of Halloween and Thanksgiving in Fall...and Christmas in Winter 

June is my touchstone for the promise of all the seasons...

and for God's sake, keep rock and rolling!!

No comments: