Tuesday, September 10, 2019

God Only Knows

if you should ever leave me, though life would still go on believe me, the world could show nothing to me, so what good would living do me

I'm singing Beach Boys and Zombies songs all day...California Girls, Tell Her No, Good Vibrations, God Only knows, She's Not There, Time of the Season




and for good reason.. Brian Wilson and the Zombies are playing at the Arlington  as part of the Something Great from 68'  tour they teamed up for




tickets in hand I headed out the door into the beautiful windy September evening, under the Harvest moon..
the Arlington was brimming with good vibes and nice chicks..and what a concert!! 




the Zombies came on..they are legends from the British Invasion and I've always loved them...  first song was 'Tell Her No' and that blew everyone  away


four blonde chicks are sitting in front of me and one keeps flipping her head back..consequently, her hair lands on my knee..what am I supposed to do? Tell Her No?



Brian Wilson is a genius and I don't care how old he is..I saw him at the Lobero in 2008 and was awestruck...tonight he had Al Jardine and Blondie Chapman with him, plus his stellar band...and the songs...I get goosebumps just thinking about it..




Blondie Chaplin was a trip...dressed in yellow suit, red shirt and playing a black Strat..just ripped it...original singer on 'Sail On Sailor' and they did a rousing version


but when Al Jardine introduced Brian singing 'God Only Knows', I lost it


that was the best moment of music I've ever witnessed


the crowd stood and cheered for five minutes, wiping the tears away

No comments: