Friday, January 20, 2023

Guinnevere

Had green eyes

Like yours, m'lady like yours

I gotta hand it to these guys from the 1960s who, with loads of  musical talent and drive, went out and relentlessly chased their dreams...of course, every dream has a caveat...

In Illinois, I heard the Byrds doing Mr. Tambourine Man on the radio and I was hooked...the Byrds were cool and I was excited to be moving to California...the music scene was exploding, FM radio was taking off and I was having a blast, trying to be a rock-n-roll star, too...the idea of being young, independent, singing songs about pretty girls and playing cool guitars appealed to me...

I'm not surprised David Crosby died, just that he managed to live so long... but with the Byrds and CSN, he really blazed a musical path few can match, so he deserves a place in the R&R history books...

I was at an Odetta concert at the Lobero in 2008, she was getting on in the years and wheelchair bound, but she was wonderful and a real legend...it was a crowded night and I ran into David Crosby in the lobby...

for a minute, I was running with the pack...

No comments: