Sunday, June 7, 2009

when I was 17....

No Way, Jose..

I went to snap some pictures of our local gang's artwork, when I spied a swan! The channelized creek was teeming with life, despite the lowlife who sprayed the bridge... a member of Carpinteria Beautiful drove up and said they would clean it up soon..they are great..keeping the town litter-free and cleaning up after the little gang shitheads...

now, this all made me think of our city councilman Jose Armendariz. He came up with the bright idea of a fireworks show in Carp at the beach-end of Linden Ave...he stated the reason was that Santa Barbara was unsafe for families due to the gangs during the 4th of July. This was a cheap political stunt that fizzled after the City of Carp said no. Jose forgot about the permits, logistics, state parks budgets, cost and all those other things he should know before suggesting such a silly thing....here's an idea: how many Santa Barbarans have been killed by drunk drivers after eating tacos? Maybe we should hold Fiesta in Carp!!
Super Freak... 
Well, I wasn't gonna say anything, but I'm a big fan of the old westerns and horror flicks with guys like John Carradine who spiced up the stories with their quirkiness and campiness...
So when his son died recently, I was touched..not that I was a big fan of David Carradine..but the details that emerged were not mentioned in the Kinsey Report...I mean, he was found naked and hanged, with rope around the genitals and neck! It was a sex thing??
The idea being that if you cut off oxygen supply to the brain, the sex is better..unless you wait too long and kill yourself! aaaarrhhh!
This theory baffles me...when I get less oxygen to the brain, two things happen: I blog more often and I get a headache..so sex seems not to be the answer..maybe an Excedrin? And the headache excuse has been used for ages when you've really grown tired of your girlfriend or boyfriend..not tonight honey, I got a headache...which really means: not anymore honey, you make me ill! Time to move on!
But I would have told Carradine not to do that weird stuff and try loud girls instead ..the screamers....they are ten times better than rope and they won't kill you, generally...
she's super freaky!
hey..speaking of screamers... Gina Perry's back at the Daily Sound and this is a quote from her latest column, where she picks on kids again! "Given the opportunity, any ten-year-old could correctly identify the prevailing economic theory. Unfortunately, ten-year-olds aren’t given this opportunity in California’s school system: Current trends indicate they should be."
I smoked my first cigarette at ten, and for girls I had a bad yen, and I had quite a ball, when I was young....

7 comments:

Joe Armendariz said...

Dear Mick,

Thanks for the plug.

For the record, with one possible exception, all of my colleagues on the council support the idea of having fireworks in Carpinteria on the 4th of July.

Indeed, the council has directed staff to work with a select group of community members, including the group responsible for executing the Avocado Festival, to plan and organize a show for July 4th, 2010.

I continue to appreciate your fanatical interest in my service to the taxpayers of Santa Barbara County in general and Carpinteria in particular.


Best regards,
Jose Armendariz
Councilmember, City of Carpinteria
personal cell: 990.2494 (805)
jaarmendariz@cox.net

PS - as it was on a Friday, it was actually after a steak, taco night is Sunday.

Mick said...

hola Joe.. you make my head spin when you talk like this: "For the record, with one possible exception, all of my colleagues on the council support the idea of having fireworks in Carpinteria on the 4th of July."..... for the record, with one possible exception..it was a last minute, cheap political trick ..it's ok to admit it...

Joe Armendariz said...

Dear Mick,

Here is what I will gladly admit: a 4th of July fireworks show was first discussed at our annual strategic workshop meeting in January of this year.

Moreover, it was my idea, but the entire council expressed enthusiastic support for the idea, especially Kathleen Reddington.

Eventually, per a suggestion from Councilmember Stein, Kathleen and I became the defacto ad-hoc committee of the council to make the event happen.

Unfortunately, we failed to make it happen this year for lack of time...our respective schedules proved difficult to synchronize and so the necessary planning didn't happen.

Again, thank you for your extraordinary interest in my comings and goings.

Best,

Joe Armendariz

Mick said...

Joe..you're in denial and maybe semi-paranoid..say it: gangs were mentioned by you for political purposes..and my "extraordinary interest" is akin to your pal Travis and his "extraordinary interest" in Blum and Schneider and their bathroom remodels..or whatever the latest gossip/lies he dreams up...who are you trying to kid?

Joe Armendariz said...

Mick,

Indeed I did mention last year's 4th of July violence in Santa Barbara. It is a relevant factor in deciding whether or not Carpinteria should pursue its own 4th of July fireworks show.

If you believe this was done for political purposes so be it.

I also appreciate you clarifying your extraordinary interest in me as an attempt to emulate Travis.

Best,

Joe Armendariz

Mick said...

See Joe...you've become more aware in the short time you've been here..

Steve said...

It's SB gangs to fear for now. Then it'll be muslims. Then roundabouts! Be afraid, very afraid. The campaign strategy to be fearful, with a slogan taken right out of the conservative handbook. "Help! The paranoids are after me" Vote for me, Joe the Frady Cat!