Monday, January 22, 2018

Love and Mercy

that's what you need tonight

it'll be a cold, then warm day in January before I get into Santa Barbara again, so Monday I went into Santa Barbara after Highway 101 opened on Sunday..a day ahead of schedule...




talked to a  CALTRANS guy on Santa Claus Lane..they have a compound there....jokingly, I told him to wash his truck..he laughed and told me how many hours and days he's worked and was worried that the public wouldn't appreciate the effort....I said don't worry, they love you

I traveled thru Montecito where mud 8 ft high was deposited on 101 under the Olive Mill bridge after the storms..CALTRANS did an incredible job...101 is clean...



north Jamison

over on the frontage road, North Jameson, you can see big boulders and abandoned cars..so there's still loads of work to be done by the creeks but the progress is amazing


Shark's beach

the gorgeous Olive Mill neighborhood which hadn't changed much since we lived here (close by on Pepper Hill) in the 1960s, was a scene of death and destruction...bodies strewn about buried in mud, houses damaged or lost.....kids, young beautiful women, professional men and women, retired folks...twenty-one dead and two still missing....it's something I can't even imagine yet


Olive Mill overpass

once in the 1980s I was riding my bike in the foothills by Hot Springs and East Valley on a warm summer's day  and there was a triathlon going on..they  were in the bike-race phase and all of a sudden hundreds of bikers came rushing by me..I had a black Bianchi road bike that I loved and on a whim just joined the race...from Hot Springs thru Olive Mill to Coast Village Road....a downhill run


I never had the bike going that fast and it was exhilarating....that was a good day


Love and Mercy to Montecito

No comments: