Wednesday, January 20, 2010

neighborhood voyeur...

I'll be watching you...
I've started my own neighhood watch program..I'm on the lookout for scoundrels who come into my hood and douchebag it up with your tax money! I've been watching Caltrans' insane exercise to manicure the road sides from Padaro Lane to Santa Claus Lane to Reynolds Ave by the Salt Marsh...so far they have cut down ten trees and killed by poisoning ice plant in various locations...I like the ice plant at the Padaro off ramp..it's a very soothing plume of green and a good erosion control species despite what any slutty restoration biologist says..I enjoy trees..I'm a tree hugger and when I see Caltrans cut them down for NO REASON I become agitated...so I axed Mother Nature to send a little message to Caltrans and she promptly dropped a pine tree so close to a Caltrans official it almost killed him.. KARMA DUDE...this was during the fantastic storm yesterday...so anyway Caltrans has contracted with a landscape company at a cost of 1.5 million dollars to spiff up the road and remove "invasive" iceplant that they planted years ago!!! I thought California was broke! Now look Caltrans..you need to focus on keeping the highways drivable..there are many holes in the road to Ventura that need to be repaired and you're here killing iceplant and chopping down trees..what are you..fucking idiots?? and remove that pile of junk on Santa Claus Lane..you're messing up my neighborhood!! jackasses!!

Big Brown Monster
Next on the agenda is the 8th Street bridge project...the creek and the old white wooden bridge have been destroyed..it was a beautiful and peaceful little place but they ripped out plants, leveled the banks and installed this brown monster arched thing which is a tad over-engineered...I paid for this with my taxes?? I can't believe the city paid over one million dollars to destroy this area, all because they were afraid the old bridge was dangerous and didn't want any lawsuits...management by fear is not a sound policy...but, it's too late baby now it's too late...

No comments: