Saturday, October 14, 2017

Because The Night

belongs to us



circa 1987: I'm in the Olive Mill Bistro in Montecito having a beer at the bar one night...blonde walks in.. Frannie...she's a high school classmate from a private school...she's a twin..she and her sis Julie were both smart as can be or at least smarter than me

Frannie was really pretty so I say 'hi" and she sits down next to me and then all of a sudden she bolts out the door like a scared little girl!

I couldn't figure it out... I wanted her sooooooo bad ever since school...I just can't shake her

she became a minister and so did her sister...her dad was a church dude at All Saints by the Sea and the Miramar...her brother married Elaine from Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus..

same night, in a booth sat John Carradine...he was an older man, drinking wikskey, bent over his glass with arthritis or something, talking to himself...still, I was in awe

so I'm watching Billy the Kid vs Dracula with John Carradine and Olive Carey..I lived in Olive's pink house on Rancho Monte Alegre....back in the day, she threw cocktail parties with the likes of John Wayne, Robert Mitchum and John Carradine showing up...

these were some of my western heroes!

maybe Frannie thought I was a vampire..or maybe that was Julie?

No comments: