Saturday, January 24, 2009

Penelope on me..

is that all there is??


I have not been to the SBIFF because I will not glorify pretty people or pretty ugly people or people who try to be pretty...I don't need to talk to a celebrity to feel good about myself...I can't imagine standing for hours waiting for a starlet to walk down the red carpet while the peons try to get a glimpse...I mean, what is this nonsense? Actors and stages, now fall before the truth: you're not that important! For musicians on the other hand, I could easily be a groupie..people with real skills whose art can move me to tears..but these actresses? While they are very pretty and probably smell good, what have they done but act in some pretty dopey movies? I could do that for peets sake! Ten days..ten days of this?? Honoring people for...acting and directing! It is out of proportion..out of whack.. the faces aren't real..they've been chopped up to look younger, but end up looking puffy like Peggy Lee...Mickey Rourke looks like Peggy Lee!! Is that the goal..is that why they are being glorified? For facelifts?
The last time I went to the Lobero I saw a real artist, a musical genius, Brian Wilson..I hear Bri will be honored at the SBIFF for his latest album, the Lucky Old Sun DVD, which is ok by me..I mean, he deserves it..and Penelope Cruz will be honored at the Lobero, too...Penelope Cruz? She's cute, real fine and sexy but let that be the honor, not some overdone two hour beatification of her acting skills!
and don't forget ol' Clint..he deserves something for all the good entertainment and westerns..I watched them..I guess we're all watchers to some degree....voyeurs in love...

No comments: