Friday, August 20, 2010

the rain the park and other things...

Welcome to Carpinteria: Tree Killer City!!!
 
well, Saturday is the day the fuckheads at Channel Islands Restoration are coming to town to rip out ice plant at the Carp State Beach...and they want volunteers to help them even though the state has hired them to do it..this is all part of the native-only movement in California supported by some very powerful groups like Fish and Game and the Coastal Commission..generally I have supported the CC but now who needs 'em?? Removing ice plant at this beach will INCREASE EROSION and the sand that gets blown into the town and beach homes... geez, what a bunch of dopers! I went down and took some pictures then notice that seven trees had been chopped at the park by Linden and the railroad tracks..boy was I pissed..so I hightailed it over City Hall to talk to Matt Roberts, the Parks Director, but the guy is a phantom..so I talked to the Public Works Director and he filled me in..He was a tall dude..put a cowboy hat on him and he'd be a long tall Texan..but he was ok and explained that the trees were cut down for the little park that's been in the pipeline for about ten years....I missed all the public meetings but we really don't need a park inside a park, it's a silly idea. The tall dude said one of the reasons
the park is needed is to give people easier access to town...now they move from the campgrounds to Linden via the private railroad tracks, so the new park will provide them a sidewalk...I said why not just get Union Pacific to put up a fence? I mean, I just don't buy it..there's already a huge field you can walk across to get into town...then we talked about the highway projects and the billions secured to finish it...the Linden interchange and all the other projects approved by Measure A...thanks a lot voters..the highways need some preventive maintenance, not six more lanes and billions wasted on planting and irrigation schemes...geezus fucking Christ..do I have to run for public office now to get these peoples' attention??? Well....you tell 'em I'm coming...

and hell's coming with me, you hear??

1 comment:

I can hear it now said...

George Carlin, Carpinteria councilman.