Sunday, December 31, 2017

Lady d'Arbanville

My lady d'Arbanville, why do you sleep so still? / I'll wake you tomorrow / And you will be my fill, yes, you will



I had to see how far the fire burned into Montecito Proper..I say proper because Montecito is so prim and proper now..can't tell where the prim begins and the proper ends..


so I started at Our Lady of Mount Carmel chuch at Hot Springs Road...went up to E Mountain Drive and over to San Ysidro Ranch and yes the hills were burnt offerings...esp in the big range behind the foothills.. you can see how close the fire came to the houses...but the city was ok




now I heard stories that if a  fire hit the Montecito hills, the big eucalyptus trees would all ↻catch fire↻, explode and burn down the village and houses and kill all the people...so I went over to where the big eucs reside..Park Lane and East Valley Road by Birnam Wood Country Club...Park Lane is lined with eucalyptus and they all are standing proud as well as the East Valley eucs..all  unscathed by the biggest fire in California history and 60mph winds in the Montecito hills

Park Lane

so much for the theory that eucs burn more than any other tree because they are non-native...these trees were planted years ago as a fire break and wind break so gimme a break



simply put: if you are afraid of eucalyptus trees, you haven't gotten laid enough

No comments: