Monday, March 2, 2009

Your Cheating Heart..

will tell on you...

Dr. Laura caught cheating..again!
suspended from racing for sailing illegally modified boat!
claims she didn't know about it!
repeats troubling behavioral pattern...is shock therapy needed??

Well, Dr. Laura the tide has turned; the wind is out of your sails, now, missy; you can't sail though life by cheating all the time; no more coasting; you make me keel over; you need to try a different tack; everything is NOT shipshape: you've left the yacht club high and dry!

from the crow's nest:
"It looks like everyone's favorite moralist and phony physician
Dr. Laura Schlessinger is under the gun again, this time facing disciplinary action
from her local PHRF fleet.
It seems the new owners of the good doc's J/92s disclosed to their local board that
all sorts of modifications were made on the boat and never disclosed to PHRF.
Gutted heads, dummy faucets,
and all sorts of stripping out were found
on the boat – is winning a yacht race really worth it?"

before she got caught, she gloated:
"The work I do, when I write a book, I don't have anyone helping me. (In sailing) I had to learn that when something gets screwed up, it's all of us, and when something goes right, it's all of us too." A lot of things have been going right for Schlessinger and her racing crew lately. Sailing her racing boats, Turn Key and Perfect, in the Wet Wednesday regatta series of the Santa Barbara Yacht Club, she and her crew have been winning the B Fleet every week.
"I'm really proud that really good, experienced sailors want to sail with me. I take that as a supreme compliment. I was a dirt beginner, and a female in a venue that's guy-oriented," she said. "It's because she tries so hard," Kieding said. "Whatever she does, she succeeds in, whether it's karate (she has a black belt), or boats or her business."
-- Excerpts from a story by Leah Etling in the Santa Barbara News Press

SailingAnarchy (excerpt)

Last week we ran the story about Dr. Laura getting flicked from PHRF for 3 months for a rules violation or two. (See The Right Thing. Done. below.) Well, we received this letter from the doc, and it seems to be pretty much the right thing, other than she probably didn't need to throw her resident pro under the bus... She's an interesting woman. On the one hand the Dr. L on the radio is, how shall we say it, sucky? We don't buy into that whole anti-gay, anti-abortion right wing lunacy, and to us, between the stern lecturing tone of her advice, the lack of humor, and the retards who call her show, it is unlistenable But, your Ed actually had a private conversation with her at SDYC a couple years or so ago, and found her quite engaging. Whatever.
Dr Laura's response: (notice how she blames one of her crew members before saying the buck stops with her).
Some of your forum members have been wondering what happened regarding STING (J/92s) and PHRF. It turns out that a boat I owned and raced in a number of PHRF races a couple of years ago, and recently sold, was missing a bladder and had a door in bubble wrap in storage instead of on hinges. The truth is, that the door was in bubble wrap when I bought it, so it seems I bought an illegal boat and sailed an illegal boat.
You all know Kenny Keiding (Note: not all of you know Kenny, but we do and he is genuinely a good dude. - Ed). He is responsible for taking care of my boats and making sure they are legal. He made a mistake and I sailed an illegal boat without knowing it. Well, I am the captain of my ship and it is my boat, so it is ultimately my responsibility. The buck stops here.
PHRF SoCal has sanctioned me for three months - and I accept their sanction. I had no desire to cheat. But "stuff" happens. At least I didn't use any performance enhancing drugs (except for the glass of pinot grigio at the end of my races).
To those of you who said nice things about me...thank you. To those of you who didn't say nice things about me...you're welcome.
Warmly,
Dr Laura ..02/23/09
The Right Thing. Done.In last week's e-anarchy we reported that PHRF-SoCal was bringing Dr. Laura Schlesinger in for disciplinary proceedings after they learned that her J/92s was modified without notification – something the new owners found out and immediately reported to PHRF. That's the same boat that won a heap of regattas, apparently after having part of the interior cut out of it without a ratings change. We also heard reports that the good doc's J/125 had some work done to it over the winter, which raised further questions about the type of "program" that Schlesinger was running.According to Anarchist "Enola Gay", Doctor Laura got a 3-month PHRF ban and the J/125 is already sold and on a truck headed East. We recommend taking a hard look at it if it shows up at a regatta near you.
unfathomable!!

No comments: