Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Down in the Bottom

down at the bottom of your mystery, down at the bottom of the wine dark sea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivIJnzuHGW4



I was driving down 101 a long time ago, headed for my destiny when I heard 'Do it Again' by Steely Dan.. I was blown away...what a great song!! I heard the song again and again and just loved it...Steely Dan...Becker and Fagen and all those A-List musicians put out some of the finest music ever produced..it was brilliant..original and quirky and always pulling in jazz influences mixed with rock-n-roll

Walter Becker put out a solo album called '11 Tracks Of Whack' and of course I got the cassette...1994...it is a superior album..one of my favorites and a chance to see how talented this guy Becker was..recently he died at 67 but left his music for us to listen to..and it ALWAYS lifts me up when I hear a Steely Dan or Walter Becker song...

'Down in the Bottom' happened at a really great time in my life, a really great time... so I'll always love it...

Walter Becker...thanks man

No comments: