Thursday, March 22, 2018

The Rains Came

rain rain rain rain, ah, my pillow's soaking wet


we had light rain, moderate rain and heavy rains at times, but no real monster rain so I wondered why I, a lowly blogger in Carpinteria, am in the RED EVAC zone...I didn't evacuate because of the old adage: fool me once, my fault; fool me twice, my fault


I surveyed the creeks before and after the rains and they were delightful..I got caught up in the beauty of Carp Creek, a stone's throw away from City Hall which is, curiously, in a non-evac zone...I saw swallowtails, Townsend Warblers, sycamores, hawks, buttercups....stayed for an hour soaking up the sun and flora and fauna...



then when the rains came on Wednesday, Padaro Lane was soaking wet but certainly not flooded...


if I was in Montecito living close to the creeks, I might leave but the January event is gone and done with... a major fire and 200 year rain won't happen again in the same place....



so I never should have been in the RED ZONE....all evacuations should be VOLUNTARY and up to the residents, armed with all the info they need, to leave and they should never expect to be rescued by the gov't...we can't keep running from every drop of rain that comes our way...


the creeks are clear and the rains are good..the hills in a month or so should be filled with poppies...


poppi
es!!!

No comments: