Monday, December 5, 2016

Bless the Beasts and the Children

For in this world they have no voice


 

so the cold December night gave way to a hot beautiful Sunday morning....I see this she-beast walking down the street with green hair..I ask her where she's from and she says "Idaho"...I says I know you a ho but where you from?? she says "Idaho" ... forget it

then I decided to lay some traps down by the railroad tracks and I'll check them next week....

 
 
 

then I wanted to check the surf as it looks high from my window so after the traps I went to Santa Claus Lane..on the way I saw a dead red fox in the road... thought I heard a blood-curdling scream last night..could have been the fox, could have been my neighbor

the good thing is there's red foxes here, the bad thing is they are no match for a car, and the good thing is the vultures will take care of it....beautiful animals..foxes and vultures

upon doing some research, I think the fox was not a red fox. but it looks like a San Joaquin kit fox or maybe a gray fox with nary a hint of gray on it ..or maybe a little Channel Islands fox that swam over from  Santa Rosa a la 'Escape From Alcatraz' only to get whacked by a speeding car ..hmmmm...I'll look into this for the fox's sake





I get to Santa Claus Lane and they are having the 'Toys for Tots' motorcycle run.....so I waited at the corner under the blaring sun and the procession started...hundreds of  bikers tearing by on cool motorcycles on the way to Santa Barbara and points north....

they do this toy run every year...for the children....

it's a grand way to start the Christmas season!

No comments: