Monday, December 26, 2016

I Can't Get It Out Of My Head

oh no no no



it was a weird Christmas that's for sure...wait...it's Christmas today too..Monday? oh it's Christmas Observed today..oh, I though Christmas was observed Sunday Dec 25th..whatever...

freezing temps, the Winter Solstice, infectious bacteria, neti pots, rain and wind and now it's over..mercifully...I endured more than any man should have to...I watched in horror the Unity Shoppe Mortgage Telethon..they says it's a charity but they need to pay down the note...I witnessed Kenny Loggins try to channel Ella Fitzgerald in song...Kenny, you should get down on your hands and knees and thank Messina for giving you a career! I saw Nipper in gold lame suit with a freaking pony tail..I saw Beth and CJ and all those KEYT folks insisting I'm part of their family..I am not

then one night, some idiot in an old white van was going back and forth on Via Real around midnight..while I was trying to sleep, his van was popping and banging loud like a cannon..up and down Via Real he went..no reason no purpose so I called the cops...they already stopped the van and the guy says his muffler is bad...BANG BANG BANG..then why the fuck is he driving still..I told the dispatch gal they need to impound the van and she said she'd talk to the cops again...




then I see this homeless dude wheeling a portable tent city around, camping on the side walk and totally out of his mind...it was symbolic and metaphorical...

I watched the Rescue Mission give food clothes and shelter to folks in need....that was the best part of this Christmas for me....in America, nobody should be sleeping on a sidewalk...we need to resurrect the mental health facilities and take care of people who can't care for themselves..just do it!!


however, Christmas Eve eve was kinda cool and stormy..windy, rainy with flood and wind watches..today the wind is blowing cold and the sun is shining hot so that means it's cool outside...I felt good and rested so took off for some last ditch Christmas shopping...not crowded at all and very pleasant riding around town...funny thing is the shopping centers don't have any Christmas decorations..at least the Mesa and Big 5 didn't....geez how about a few wreaths or trees or lights..well maybe the shopping centers are owned by Jews who don't celebrate XMAS..so how about a Menorah somewhere..get into the holiday spirit!



there's a bunch of people out walking their dogs-no surprise there and some surfers at Leadbetter and I'm driving along when I get an idea to go hunting.. a deer for Christmas would be extra-special...meat and some deerskin gloves and boots! there's a few places I've gone to over the years but the drought dried them up..but with the rain, the creeks are flowing and I was excited..I grabbed my crossbow I bought at Big 5 and headed for the banks of Eucalyptus creek..over by George Lucas's pad..so sorry about Carrie Fisher's heart issues..loved her in the "Burbs!

wasn't a fan of 'Star Wars' but while I was driving around I saw this rock formation that reminded me of 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind'...

looks just like the one I got in my living room

No comments: