Saturday, April 8, 2017

Didn't It Rain

Didn't it rain, children Talk 'bout rain ... didn't it oh my Lord Didn't it rain?
 



I look out my window for rain and see a blonde chick hanging out in the bushes..I can't help it if I'm lucky...and as I told you the drought is over..others said the drought was not over from the news folks to the county water guy but you should listen to me because I was right for once

ok fine ...then I'm checking out something on youtube and come across Sister Rosetta Tharpe and she's my favorite singer/guitar player now.. I mean, before Aretha, Chuck Berry and all the greats who were influenced by her, Sister Rosetta was slinging that Gibson guitar like a short-order cook slings hash during the breakfast rush...she's fast, furious, soulful and this tape is from England in a train station...in 1964

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR2gR6SZC2M


In 2001, the French film Amélie included a scene showing the protagonist's house-bound neighbor mesmerized by a montage of video clips that featured a performance of "Up Above My Head" by Tharpe.


damn straight it rained

No comments: