Sunday, August 6, 2017

Are You Experienced

are you?

Fiesta is in full swing and I love hanging out at Earl Warren Showgrounds Saturday morning watching the rodeo..the old west..the new west...horses and girls and ropin' calves...if this is animal abuse then I'm Roy Rogers..



but I'm not Roy Rogers, I'm just a guy with a camera and Earl Warren showgrounds is where I saw some of the great musical acts from the 1960s.... at 15 or 16 years old we'd go see concerts..tried to look cool smoking Winstons, wandering around the ballroom with the stage in the center...all the gals from school were there


let's see....Grace Slick and the Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin, The Grassroots (their manager and I were on the O'Jays tour years later!), Alice Cooper, Buffalo Springfield, Doors, Byrds to name a few...


cowboys, cowgirls and rocknroll...what more did I need?

some folks don't like Fiesta because they say it depicts the Spaniards abuse of the Chumash Indians...but that's not my problem..I love Fiesta!


so here I am at the Earl Warren Showgrounds...I think the Jimi Hendrix Experience is playing tonight..

I wonder if I'll see Jenny there

No comments: