Monday, September 13, 2010

pink..

it's my favorite color!!
well I woke up Sunday morn to a bunch of whooping and hollering, some horns honking and people laughing and whistling...whooping it up...I stumbled out of bed and looked out the window and wow there's a girly van with two boobs on the back and more pink than I've ever seen..I pinched myself..am I dreaming.... are all these women coming to kill me?? fuck me?? no! they are here to fuck with cancer, beat it, cure it and are walking thru Carp as part of the Avon Against Breast Cancer event..I gotta be among all this powerful pink so I showered, doused myself in Aramis aftershave and went outside to join them...I got in their faces and shouted: FUCK ME.. I'm CANCER!! you know, as a joke to spur them on and they got it.. they laughed!!
then down to 7/11 to get coffee and support them in their journey to beat breast cancer...these ladies mean business!!
now, I hear a story out of ultra-conservative Clovis California that some students were fighting cancer with a little humor..they wore "I Love Boobies" wrist bands and the dumbass school administrators harassed them, sexualized it negatively and told them to remove the wrist bands!! FIRE THESE JACKASS administrators...
The latest fashion craze in one California school district declares the wearer's love for boobies, but officials don't seem to share in the enthusiasm.Students in the Clovis Unified School District, in Clovis, Calif., have been spotted sporting colorful rubber bracelets emblazoned with the message "I Love Boobies," according to the Fresno Bee. The accessory is part of an American Cancer Society breast cancer fundraising and awareness effort.The only thing being raised by Clovis Unified officials, however, is eyebrows. Students who wear the $4 bracelets to class have been asked to remove them and stow them in lockers or backpacks, due to the provocative nature of their slogan. The district's dress code prohibits the wearing of any item that includes sexually suggestive language or pictures.Taylor Trujillo, an eighth-grader at Granite Ridge Intermediate School in the Clovis district, tells the Bee she wore her bracelet on campus to show support for cancer patients. She says she was asked to put the item in her backpack, or it would be taken from her.
"I didn't think it was a big deal because of the reason why I was wearing it," she tells the newspaper. "I feel that we should be able to wear them at school because they are not saying anything bad."Funds raised from bracelet sales will be used for research and help pay for local support programs for patients, including cosmetics and hair replacement. But that hasn't swayed Clovis Unified. However, at least one school did relent after parents rallied to support the campaign -- and their kids' participation in it.The
Fresno Unified School District confiscated about 30 of the bracelets, but then listened to parents and met to discuss the campaign and its goal. They decided to return the bracelets and lifted their ban."Breast cancer has touched so many families and some students feel this is very important to them," Fresno Unified spokeswoman Susan Bedi tells the Bee.
so the FUSD had a change of heart after talking to the families..the question is why they over-reacted in the first place...if school officials pull that stunt here, they will hear from me personally about cancer, fucking cancer...

No comments: