Wednesday, February 9, 2011

sit down, I think I love you

Santa Barbara resolves bench issue!

so the Santa Barbara City Council voted to table the bench issue for a year until better uses for their brains were discovered...still.. Francisco, Grant and Rowse were intent on spinning the benches...even though Frank and Mike voted against the benches, they came up with some ideas to keep people wary..Frank proposed that the benches be designed in such a way that folks wouldn't sit on them more than 20 minutes..Mike Self expanded that by saying the city could tip them to an angle that would cause you to slip off after ten minutes...or the city could make them uncomfortable enough so that you wouldn't want to sit down for too long! how can the city go wrong with such brilliant minds on the council!!

so I had to meet a lady about a fish on Pedregosa..East Pedregosa..and something happened while I waited for her..I was gently guided into a dream state of sublime peace..a possible peak experience you've heard Maslow speak about..Pedregosa..the street that may save Santa Barbara...it was a lovely day..the sky was blue...a warm sun covered all in a honey glow..I watched..the birds were all in harmony..swiftly flying back and forth across the street to the trees in the neighbors' yards..the crows and doves were like brothers and sisters..no fighting, just understanding...they were so well-behaved and the doves looked both ways before crossing the street..and the houses are beautiful and stately...nothing gaudy, just well-cared for with rich, lush gardens...when I heard that the City has spent over 7 million dollars on sidewalks on State St. I was shocked...the Downtown Org has got everyone so uptight about sidewalks, no one wants to walk on them..no one wants to shop on State St..not because of the homeless, but because of the crazy business owners..before I came to Pedregosa, I was on a State Street sidewalk and a shop owner came out and started screaming at me: did you wipe you shoes?? don't scuff our sidewalks!! did you buy something!!

well, I think we can solve Santa Barbara's problem by looking to E. Pedregosa..no fancy sidewalks, pride of ownership, live and let live, Santa Barbara the way it used to be and the way it should be...I suggest the Downtown Org and City Council take a walk on E. Pedregosa... before it's too late....

No comments: