Saturday, November 19, 2011

holiday road

the most wonderful time of the year!

with the holidays coming up I get the bum's rush of catalogues....every few days the same companies send me a new catalogue but I guess I don't mind...this week for the first time, I got a hard...I mean a Victoria's Secret catalogue...and one from Kansas City Steak Company, Sundance, Vermont Country Store..and a bunch of others to keep me busy until the next hearing/drama/controversy..as long as folks get themselves in stupid trouble, I'll be bloggin' about it!!

but I really like the Victoria's Secret catalogue although it's not a secret anymore because the gals are showing alot of skin...

the Kansas City Steak Company has an awesome array of steaks that I'm gonna buy for Christmas...T-Bones, prime rib, wow...corn-fed beef, dressed and sent right to your home!

but then I read where Ellen DeGeneres wants people to "adopt a turkey" for Thanksgiving...and there's other animal rights people who think it's a good idea.....remember years ago when Wendy was wanking about Thanksgiving being cruel to turkeys..she'd write a plea every year to show us what an evolved woman she is..of course, we learned she's just a spoiled little brat.....so eat some bratwurst!!


from the Indie resident animal lover:
For most people, Thanksgiving evokes thoughts of mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberries, and pumpkin pie, and center stage on the plate is, of course, the turkey. If you haven’t stopped to consider what that turkey went through before getting to your plate, the Farm Sanctuary wants you to stop and think about it this year. Since 1986, the Farm Sanctuary has rescued more than 1,000 animals through its “Adopt a Turkey” project, which asks families to forgo the big bird at Thanksgiving dinner.

For the second year in a row, the Farm Sanctuary has enlisted Ellen DeGeneres to help spread the message. DeGeneres is hoping to convince people to donate $30 to the Farm Sanctuary this holiday season to cover the cost of a turkey adoption. Says DeGeneres: “Did you know that every year between 250 million and 300 million turkeys are bred for slaughter in the United States? More than 46 million for Thanksgiving alone. So, this Thanksgiving, instead of eating a turkey, please join me in adopting one from Farm Sanctuary’s Adopt-A-Turkey Project, and you can give a turkey something to be thankful for.”


well I though Ellen was smarter than this but I guess not....animals are bred for slaughter to feed people...it's been going on forever..indiscriminate killing such a s occurs on the Channel Islands by the Nature Conservancy and Parks Service might be something Ellen could look into....and the anti-gay bigots....I saw Ellen years ago in Summerland and she was so nice to chat awhile and let me take her picture, but she's lost her focus....get back on the ball with the cutting humor, Ellen!!!

now, I'm sure that these people love their pets, but to suggest I shouldn't enjoy turkey on Thanksgiving because the bird on my table may have suffered, is redickerous..and besides, his suffering is over now.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What do the turkeys have to live for since the breeder/trainers redesigned their body structure (more white meat) so they can no longer copulate but must be artifically inseminated?