Wednesday, February 22, 2017

I'll Meet You Halfway

that's better than no way


 

now I watched the David Cassidy video on youtube..he was playing a few nights ago at the Canyon Club in Agoura...a dinner show I guess...he was singing "I'll Meet You Halfway" which is a really nice song...David says Gerry Goffin wrote it for him...of course Goffin and Carole King wrote some pop standards over the years...now the youtube video was pretty strange with David in the throes of dementia, alcoholism with a few DUIs and arthritis at 66 years old...but with a weakened voice and body tics, still managed to pull off the song...

David Cassidy became a teen idol on the Partridge Family...Shirley Jones was the mom and her performance in "Elmer Gantry" with Burt Lancaster won her an Oscar back when it meant something..David's father Jack Cassidy was an actor and so good in the "Eiger Sanction"..so Dave is not without talent....and when he had his act together, he was very good as this video tells

http://search.aol.com/aol/video?q=david+cassidy+meet+you+half+way&s_it=video-ans&sfVid=true&videoId=70D2CC157513129B30E870D2CC157513129B30E8&v_t=keyword_rollover


lots of acts from the 60s and 70s are still performing although time is catching up with them...I think if they want to perform, and performing is an art, then I'll go see them no matter where their heads are at...remember, they are up on that stage for a reason and I think David Cassidy has alot of guts to perform these farewell concerts...

so where is music today? I was surfing youtube and came across a young band doing "Helplessly Hoping"..it was beautiful..the band is Paige Anderson and the Fearless Kin..then I see them do a song Paige wrote called "Wild Rabbit" and I'm floored...this girl can pick the guitar, sing and write songs like she's 150 years old..and her sisters and brother are ace musicians...



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO3De1VBnGQ

I need to hear more of this...if you're gonna be a musician, an artist and you stand up before millions of people and pour your heart and soul out

you gotta be fearless

No comments: