Monday, December 13, 2010

on a clear day....

you can see..forever and ever

what a Sunday...on Santa Claus Lane..the sun was hot..blistering hot...I stood outside for two hours...my skin began to turn red..my eyes stung..I saw a red winged black bird on a wire...I met a strange lady, she made me nervous...she stopped, got out of her car, took her sweater off revealing an awesome set, looked at me for 30 seconds, got back in her car, and drove away...I was too dumbstruck to snap picture..but there I stood waiting for the sun....suddenly, a small child walked up and asked.."where's the Santa that used to be here?" I said "some bad people took him away to increase their sales"......"did it work?" asked the child...I said "I dunno kid..what am I ..an auditor???" then she says "are you Santy Claus?" I says "no, I'm not..but..but..but"......then the kid ran away...
so there I was standing in the middle of the road watching the motorcylists with toys get ready for the Toy Run to Goleta..the cops were there, a few lookers, but mostly bikes and riders...nice bikes, choppers, scooters and everything in between...no signs of any washed up celebrities trying to squeeze a morsel of publicity into their sad little lives..no, this was about toys for kids..no politics, except mine..and more bikes than I've seen in a long time.. and the roar of the greasepaint!! BRAVO!!
 
so even tho global warming is likely gonna kill us all, it's 90 degrees on Santa Claus Lane in December, and just because you neocons can't put 2 and 2 together so you can just keep shopping..well, that's no good reason the rest of us have to suffer this heat....but try to remember what this holiday season is all about...the beach, surfing, cool cars, money, bikes and girls girls girls!!

No comments: