Friday, September 14, 2012

a town without pity

oh it isn't very pretty what a town without pity can do

when I was a young man I walked fifty miles to work....fifty miles in the snow..fifty miles one way and fifty miles back.....to put food on the table, I worked very very hard....to save money, I grew my own veggies and kilt my own chickens...

then I heard someone singing and decided I wanted to be a folksinger..I tried that for a few years and ended up homeless and in a ditch....with an old guitar strapped to my back...well, I started drinking to ease the pain but it only increased the pain so I quit..then I met a girl or two after the first one and then I had a few more and I'm tellin' ya, them girls were exhausting....

so then I started smoking cigarettes until my fingers turned yellow and I couldn't breath...so I quit them cigs...

then I got a government job which put me on Easy Street!

ok... so the point I'm trying to make is you are responsible for your own life....if I kept a'drinking and a'smokin' I'd be ...I'd be...well.... pretty unhealthy..so live healthy lives and stay away from drugs...

and don't put off until tomorrow what you can put off today....live a simple life...and don't watch monkeys dance..that's my advice.....

No comments: