Thursday, September 27, 2012

climb every mountain

ford every stream....

ok so everything is way too laid back on Thursday...slow drivers, slow fog...slow music dragging me down down down the dark ladder..but I have errands to run so I run into SB for some food....then back to Carp to get a Coastal View paper....I stop at the light at Linden and Carp Ave, I look over and see pro surfer Shaun Tomson and a few guys sitting outside having coffee at the corner coffeeshop-I forget the name...but it's by the Nail Salon!!
I don't have my camera so I speed back home and fetch it and go back to the unknown coffee shop area and a cop starts following me so I pull over and he pulls over and I get out and say
"did I do something wrong?".... he says no..I tell him I need to get a picture of a world famous surfer Shaun Tomson at the unknown coffee shop.....the cop says "Shaun Tom" "Shaun Tom"...and looks at me longingly....he was a chubby Mexican dude!!

geez man WTF is up with you???..you follow me and don't do anything? are you gay?? did you stalk me? don't do that again or I will run to the News-Press and write a story about the sheriff who stalked me for a few minutes while I was stalking a world famous surfer for a photo!

ok so anyway I go to the coffee shop and sneak up on Shaun and co and take some pictures and some chick with nice tits stands there, posing, so I get her picture, too...I asked her to show me her boobs but she kept texting...don't you iphone people ever look up??? geez

but one of the guys sitting with Shaun looked familiar...I swear he's the model in the JL Powell catalogue....a male model! I thought those were real guys doing all those cool rugged things in the catalogue, like climbing mountains and fording streams... and now I find out they are just prissy male models! and he isn't even wearing a JL Powell shirt!! what a disappointment!! these guys don't look tough in person.... and they all posed with their hands on their chins!!! all of 'em!



 I've been conned, duped..Shaun probably has a body double surf for him!

wow..California the place I love with a history of real tough guys like John Wayne and Robert Mitchum and cool gals like Olive Carey...well, now I got male models and skinny surfers and native species only and Wendy-types I gotta contend with...what is this?? what are we?? a town full of posers?? hey wait a minute..I wonder if JL Powell would let me model for them???

follow every rainbow, 'til you find your dream!!

2 comments:

Jeopardy said...

Yeah but you have to remember how pillowy Olie became. We're all show while we can.

Mick Von Caw said...

"I guess you're right"... I said, with my hand on my chin