Monday, September 24, 2012

scary monsters

don't let your dad do any weird experiments on you!!

if I had to pick a favorite month, it might just be September...summer is leaving and fall is coming in...but the days are full still..the flowers have bloomed intensely..the sun is hot but distant...and every September on a beautiful Sunday morning I hear a bunch a horns blowing, people whistling outside my window...the girls, the women, the ladies in pink are marching the Avon Walk against Breast Cancer...they walk right outside and I see them..determined and unwavering..these gals mean business and if I were cancer, I'd be worried....these women kick ass!!

I'm so inspired I hop on the bike and take in the sights at Santa Claus beach...then go to a place by the tracks on Padaro Lane where the Castor Bean grows...the Castor Bean plant is another survivor that beats down all attempts to poison it....people poison it and try to kill it because it's supposedly "invasive"...it's not, it's just a plant that grows where others refuse because the others, the natives, are just too prissy....Castor Bean is beautiful and demands respect because it is slightly poisonous and keeps bad bugs away!

leave it alone and it won't bother you, like most things...

and the harvest and Halloween will soon be upon us....corn stalks are growing and pumpkins will dot the hillsides...September lets me get ready for that intense time of the year...and the sky is full of wild and bright constellations, stars, clusters...and the English horror flicks....already showing the B movies...the Creeping Flesh, one I've never seen from 1973 with
Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee..and the comely daughter Penelope who went from demur blonde to crazy sexy killer redhead in the blink of an eye because Dad experimented on her!

it was just beautiful..the mental disorder asylum, the slime, the campy, the silly, the absurd.. it was brilliant...it reminded me of Santa Barbara!!

and then there's the new catalogues I receive..just perfect for fall...Bill's Khakis and Patrick James..now I can go outside dressed stylishly -no more stained sweatshirts and dirty shorts- and still be the rugged individual that Ayn Rand wants me to be...

I will be ready for anything....will you??

No comments: