Sunday, November 25, 2012

sugar sugar

ah honey honey, you are my candy girl...

well I've been watching the Twinkie thing....I went to Vons yesterday and these gay guys were staring at me like I was a sweet Twinkie treat..well I'm not! I am all for equal rights but that doesn't mean I'm on the menu!! geez, just relax and let me go on my way....or I'll go all Chik Fil A on ya!! you gays better watch it now!

ok so with the demise of Twinkies, the Hostess junk food icon, some folks are predicting the end of capitalism-

the unions busted the company and so the company went bankrupt...first of all I don't eat Twinkies anymore cause I get weird after eating them..I do...I get weird...I won't go into details but if you pack a cakey-sugary high on a creamy sugary high, things get off kilter a bit...remember the guy who killed the gay politican from SF, Harvey Milk and then blamed Twinkies for his urge to kill...well, I felt almost like that after my last Twinkie, so I don't eat them anymore..I coulda wasted those gay dudes at Vons if I was on Twinkies, you know...

and Hostess started all this gay stuff with names like Sno-Balls, Ding-Dongs, Cup-Cakes, Twinkies and Fruit-Pies..people aren't born gay, it's all related to diet...and if you eat enuff Twinkies or Ding Dongs, you turn gay...that's my theory

but anyway, what really killed Twinkies?? the union that has been there since the beginning, or something else....well yeah, it wasn't the unions...

As the final Twinkies, Sno-Balls and those glowing orange cupcakes were stuffed with cream and wrapped in cellophane on Friday, the business world and much of the news media knew who was to blame for this dying American icon. It was the unions.
http://www.salon.com/2012/11/20/vulture_capitalism_not_unions_killed_twinkies/

But the story is far more complicated than that — and in some ways, the exact opposite of the tale pushed by those on the right. It’s the story of two bankruptcies, hundreds of millions of givebacks from Hostess unions and hundreds of millions of debt piled onto the company by venture capitalists. It’s a story of management that boosted its own salaries, while failing to make agreed payments into workers’ pension funds. And it’s a story of changing tastes and diets.

To begin with, when was the last time you ate a Twinkie or chose spongy Wonder Bread over an artisanal or organic load? The company simply hasn’t been able to adequately compete due to a stodgy, moribund management that did not act to diversify a product base that hasn’t changed with the times (unless you count 100-calorie Twinkies packs). As the New York Times reported way back on Sept. 23, 2004, "People are still eating Hostess Twinkies and Wonder Bread, but the problem for Interstate Bakeries is that they are eating less of them.

the rightwingers always blame the unions when a business fails, and never put the blame where it belongs..on management..or mismanagement....

and why would I, in 2012, eat a Twinkie when I could eat a bowlful of yummy red grapes picked by hardworking illegal immigrants who rightwingers want to ship back to Mexico..

the lesson to be learned in all of this is- you can't have your cake and eat it too

No comments: