Friday, November 16, 2012

what a wonderful world this would be

don't know much about history, don't know much biology...

is the GOP the Party of Stupid?


the Party of Stupid
 
conservative Governor of Louisiana Bobby Jindal says yes and that's my conclusion as I read Lanny Ebenstein's latest editorial about the benefits of the Reagan Ranch Center and the Young Miss America Foundation...oh it's a wonderful place says Lanny...it's educational..they've extended the hours, there's luncheons and even Lanny has "taught" there a few times....

I find it ironic that Wendy and the YAF have never invited Reagan's real son, Ron, to the center to give talk..they always invite the bastard son Micheal...look Mike, Reagan wasn't your "dad"....I think he loved Ron more and was really embarrassed by you because you were such a dumbass suck up...

but I digress....Lanny has always been a shill for Wendy and now is her lapdog, promoting the Reagan Ranch Center in light of Obama's re-election....they've extended the hours of the Ranch Center in hopes of winning the next election...

I can almost guarantee Ronald Reagan would not be too happy about all this Wendy McCuckoo influence and using his name to promote ultra-conservatism...

now I voted for Reagan in the 1980s and he seemed like an ok guy....then the shit hit the fan..the Iran contras, the arms deals, the bombing of the Lebanon embassy killing 200 American soldiers (the rightwingers, led by senile John McCain, are trying to use Bengazzi to get back at the libs!)


I liked Jesse Ventura's idea..he's a former Navy seal who says shut down all our embassies...
Jesse Ventura: I think we should shut down our embassies, stop all foreign aid, and get the hell out of there. Let me go back to the 1980’s when Ronald Reagan was President, and of course he’s the icon of the Republican Party. If you recall our marine barracks in Lebanon was attacked and over 200 marines were killed. Did Ronald Reagan go to war? No, he got the hell out of there. I mean if these people don’t want us there, why are we there?

so the Reagan Ranch Center promotes a rosy Reagan legacy that is mostly mythical and not based in reality...the president of the YAF Ron Robinson has been writing letters trying to explain the election drubbing..he's begging donors for more money and promising more lectures from the likes of Sarah Palin, Scott Walker, Rand Paul and Michelle Bachman..the Party of Stupid...I'll have more on Ron later


now in stark contrast to Ampersand's loopy publishings, I 've been happy with a new publication called Pacific Standard...after the second issue, I looked at the particulars and it is published by Sarah Miller McCune with stories by Nick Welsh and Ann Bardach among others..and a cool old pic of Hendrix looking rather preppy!

I used to buy magazines until the book stores closed...the Utne Reader, Earth First and many others which offered juicy subversive stuff..the kind of stuff Wendy would censor..

the Pacific Standard carries on the tradition of real writers with real stories...interesting magazine I hope to see more of...

No comments: