Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Through My Sails

 
I'm standing on the shoreline, it's so fine out there

now the last time I saw 8-10 ft waves at Santa Claus Lane was....never! not even back in the days when the big red Santa statue was watching over the highway travelers..legend had it that he'd slip off his perch at night and sneak down to the beach and surf under the Matala Moon...lotsa crazy things happened on the lane...




so I heard the surf was high and Monday would be the last day, so I hightailed it down to the beach...Santa Claus Beach..the beach of the rich and famous..and worthy




so I get there and it's a warm day so I'm dressed in summer gear...then I trespass through the ice plant across the railroad tracks...I guess that makes me illegal because right on the railroad tracks it says "No Tresspassing"... but nothing, not even the law, was gonna stop me from getting across that border cast in iron... the promised land lay on the other side...the sand and the sea...



whoa..there were a few folks there and we all got a thrill..huge crashing waves, some sneaker waves move in and the tide rose so quick we got all wet..little kids running around, racing with the foam...

I stood there and watched the waves...the swells were constant and formed way out there..then they got bigger and bigger..geez..8 to 10 ft at Santa Claus!! and then they crested...then BAMM!! crashed into the shore..so much white water it looked like Winter Wonderland...

new things I'm knowing...

No comments: