Sunday, August 16, 2015

Freeway of Love

We goin' ridin' on the freeway of love
Wind's against our back
We goin' ridin' on the freeway of love
In my pink Cadillac


so I'm flying down the freeway and see a cool sports car from New York...varooom!! where am I going I don't know, where am I headed I'm not certain, all I know is I am on my way..


 
next thing I know I'm close to the Milpas Street exit and I see these little houses...like little Hobbit houses right next to the freeway...so I take picture as I'm zooming by...


I like 'em!

I read some things about the little houses..that they are eyesores and tacky but I think they are cool...cozy...really, what do you need but food and shelter..oh sure you got big money from a divorce settlement and you probably run right out and buy a fancy mansion in Hope Ranch..one that you couldn't afford without the divorce money!

but some folks just need a clean place to live while they work...and these little houses fit the bill..and they don't look all that little..I wouldn't mind having a little place to crash, then bike to the beach or whatever..

and they have a mountain view, which is sometimes better than a Santa Barbara View!

so I support the houses... and the snobby naysayers can just butt out and let the folks live in peace..

in the shade of the freeway

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pre fab houses looked like storage boxes until they started putting the gable roofs on. Probably only the attic is made in USA!