Sunday, July 10, 2016

Shopping for Dresses

So I'm shopping for dresses with no one to wear them
One in each color and one in each style
Maybe someday I'll find me a lady to wear them
And my shopping will be done for a while





my, what a pretty sail...looks like a pretty summer dress

so Merle Haggard died recently....last of the great old country singers..the real deal..the guys I think about when I'm dreamin' about the rodeo or driving thru Bakersfield or Ventura...or the Grand Ol' Opry...or the Palomino...or the Bandar...or the Top Hat burger joint..or Fender guitars

Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, Waylon Jennings, Buck Owens, Roy Clark, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson...those kinda guys...nowadays I gotta put up with Blake Sheldon types..oh he's not even close 

but Merle...great artist, songwriter and working man..at least that was the image but the songs were so good

my fave was "Shopping for Dresses" which Merle wrote with Little Jimmy Dickens...the beauty and simplicity of that song boggles my mind..it's genius

it's an era in music that will never come again..

Merle Haggard was one of the greats

No comments: