Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Voices In The Sky

Nightingale, hovering high
Harmonize the wind
Darkness, your symphony
I can hear you sing
Of voices in the sky







after working, I used to come home at night around 1:30 AM, get off on Santa Claus Lane, swing over to Via Real, head up Cravens Lane and shoot up to the ranch....I always loved driving home at night...no traffic, the cold air was sweet..I'd see the sparkling eyes of raccoons in the headlights...maybe coyote slipping over a fence....a big yellow moon rising over the hills to guide me

before that when I was a kid, I'd do a shift at a greasy spoon as a short -order cook, then head up to Camino Cielo, find a place to park on the side of the road...pull out the sleeping bag and watch the full moon shine over the city.....


 

then in Carp again, done with the ranch and bad plumbing I chose the best of both worlds...I bought a "unit" close to the ranch with mountain and ocean views...close to the trains ( I love trains) and the highway for a quick getaway if needed...

and I can watch the moon rise over the mountains..while the black moon gave me some trouble, all the other many moons have been an almost religious experience...I never get tired of seeing that big gorgeous mysterious phantom in the sky...endless songs and poems have been written about her and it brings me joy


so the latest lunar delight is the brightest Supermoon since 1948...I wasn't alive then so I don't know, but today I am alive and I did get out to watch as it rose rather early...reddish orange then silver then yellow

the moon brings the high tides and makes for enchanted evenings being surrounded by these voices...these beautiful voices

Just what is happening to me
I lie awake with the sound of the sea
Calling to me

No comments: