Sunday, April 3, 2011

guys and dogs...

boy what a day..I decide to go check out the wildflowers in Summerland..and go for a little hike... this blog entry is about nature..so you've been warned...

it's a cool but humid day..cloudy and the breeze coming in off the ocean was invigorating...I parked the truck in the parking lot at the park haha..there was a girl with a big pit bull who looked very interested in me...she had to hold him back..he was on a leash, standing on his hind legs, dying to get at me!! needless to say I stayed in my truck, but the chick and the dog stayed right there, too, 10 feet from mmmm..mmm..my door... WTF, I can't even go to the park anymore without being threatened by a chick and her dog?? ladies, ok you got guy issues, did he break your heart, did he take your money, did he try to stick his d*&K up your A*$??, gross you out, I get it..I'm sorry.. but is that my fault??

geez so I put my seatbelt back on and speed outta there and park further in land, on the side of the dirt road..much better..I feel safer with coyotes and bears than a chick with an attitude and her pitbull...anyway... back to nature...glorious!! the hills and creeks and roadsides are filled with my favorite..natives and non natives competing for attention..and providing food and shelter for insects and animals...this area behind Summerland is beautiful..in a few weeks someone will cut everything down so enjoy it while you can... the Montecito Trails Foundation did a good job for once with this trail..no extra stuff, just a sign and a nice wide trail.. so up I go and I start running like Tarzan..AHHH aHAHAHAH AHHHAHAAAAA!! the smell in the air was of lemon and sage and I was on a natural high....I was naturally stoned... so I go down to the beach after the hike...down to Look Out Park and they are putting new fences in..good..I told them to do that and they listened..and the county will not offer a cabin to rent here just like I told them...they should keep listening to me because this little park is a treasure...

but I see some problems..remember a few years back they planted natives to prevent erosion on the hillside at the east end of the park..they pulled some arundo and ice plant out... well, the slopes are falling on the east side ...erosion is happening and the irrigation lines are exposed! in this case, they didn't listen to me..and look at the little bunny rabbits...digging holes...yum..if I become homeless I'm living here..they got BBQ grills, a bathroom and even a dog spa!! it looks like the native plants attracted the rabbits, digging holes...the west end of the park still has ice plant and the hills are stable... so there you have it..a splendid day....they should leave the ice plant alone and stop wasting your tax money on these bogus restorations...nature always decides what's best for a particular area..it's something you won't learn in a book..instead you'll see it blowing in the wind on a spring day..the seeds..the light cottony seeds floating on the breeze...that's reality...no need to try to stop that!

No comments: