Thursday, February 21, 2013

everyone's gone to the movies

now we're alone at last


the SB Film Festival is over thank god but I was thinking about movie stars...take James Dean...never cared much for him as an actor...saw Rebel Without a Cause once but it was just too drama queeny for me...Dean was too shrill and aloof for me to watch the whole movie...and he died in a car accident up by Fresno of all places.. I went to Fresno once and of course once is enough unless you like Iowa in California..but I went up to Fresno and came back on the two-lane highway in the middle of nowhere..stood at the crossroads and saw the place where Dean bought it sight unseen...I mean you gotta be a pretty bad driver to crash and burn up there because there's nothing up there except roads and a few cows!

now Steve McQueen is another story...Steve was cool and starred in the Great Escape and Bullitt, two films I watch whenever they are on because they don't make them like that anymore...why do you think I wear turtlenecks..because I'm a turtle?? no.... because I'm cool


STOP! in the name of love...
and then I see on KEYT they hired one of my fave singers, Diana Ross...Motown was huge in the day and the music was second to none so I was thrilled to see Diana doing a weekend reporter gig on KEYT! STOP..IN THE NAME OF LOVE... BEFORE YOU BREAK MY HEART...THINK IT OH- OH-VER...

well I guess wherever you are on the social spectrum, there's better things in life than being a dead movie star...just ask Diana Ross!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebel Without a Cause? I'd rather watch the courtroom proceedings in Ventura, where Darryl Genis testified on behalf of rapist Andrew Luster, who's seeking a reduction in his 124-year sentence plus trying to win a new trial.

Mick Von Caw said...

hmmm, that's very interesting!