Tuesday, December 23, 2014

feelin' alright

I'm not feelin' too good myself

ok so there's three innocent victims in our little psycho-drama....Eringer, Chief Sanchez and me I already apologized to Eringer so here's one for Chief Sanchez...I don't know who would drag you into this with a bogus blog, and I know the chief needs a thick skin to do his job with gnats like Lance and Scoles flitting around his ankles...so of course Cam Sanchez wasn't busted for DUI!' he's got the best anti-DUI force in the country which is why some drunks are mad at him....and I hope his daughter forgives me too.. I say that without any prurient interests whatsoever..she's lovely

then there's me...I am a victim too! but who cares if my heart bleeds



Let's Rumba!

so I went into SB for a haircut at Arturo's and next door is La Rumba bar..used to be the Yankee Clipper and I hung out there in my scuffling days...got into a rumble or two and the girls were all girly and cute...what's a young man gonna do??

well, can't stay 19 forever so I had to stop all that stuff and resort to clean living...bars evoke such quiet desperation


 
but after the haircut I was desperate and decided to check out Bo Henry's..I drove down De La Vina till I got to Micheltorena..this area is old SB with the cool houses and cobblestone streets and millions of cars!! as I approach the Micheltorena bridge over the highway, I'm sucked up into a vortex-like Dorothy- and then I end up under the rainbow in a place that looks like Nicaragua! San Andres Street...thousands of poor people and gangs everywhere! stray dogs and dead bodies lying in the gutter... and there's Foodland! Foodland??? it's the focal point...I've always been baffled by this area




so I turn left on San Andres and look for Bo Henry's but don't see it... hmmm, I thought it was across from the liquor store??? actually I wanted to see if this whole thing is real or maybe just me losing my grip on sanity

then I hang a u-turn, head back and see it..tucked away..it's tiny like a little gingerbread house..the sign out front says Now Serving Alcohol (duh, it's a bar) ..next door is a pizza place Now Serving Pizza!

there's a mural on the front of Bo Henry's...looks like an eclipse or something from Merlin the Magician? if I had a magic wand I would wave it over this westside area and make it disappear...

uh, I don't understand any of this....why not put a pin-up of Marilyn Monroe smoking a cigar on the front of the joint and class it up a little...

or get the Peking Acrobats in there for some entertainment...or geez how about some Christmas lights!!
 

right now it's just too surreal for me to consider...
 

No comments: