Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Stormy

bring back that sunny day....

is there any tree that looks or smells prettier in the rain than a eucalyptus? look at her..she's beautiful!
 
so I'm out and about enjoying the rain....I haven't been this wet since I was baptized as a baby! spit on as a child!


but as I venture out into the storm, I see a veritable lake on Via Real by the Peoples Self Help Housing project...I park it and jump outside and slip-slide down the street..I'm on the sidewalk but as cars pass they don't slow down so I get splashed with water! thanks morons!! truck drivers..they look like dumb Mexicans to me..or perhaps Islamic fundamentalists..or maybe even a Frenchman...I hope you're happy amigos..these PSHH projects are the bane of Carpinteria!! the bane!!
 
 
water seeking its own level

but anyway I'm surveying the sitch and I see, just under the water surface what appears to be a storm  drain...and the entrance is under water..this is right in front of Kim's Market and the huge drainage channel...so I'm trying to figure out why anyone would block off a storm drain with sand bags unless they perhaps were an imbecile..

so I call the City of Carp and get the brush off as usual..a recording....then I call the County and they are helpful as usual...Melissa tells me Lash did the sandbags and I need to talk to them...
 
 
LASH Construction blocks storm drain!!

so I called Lash and the gal says Lash did that because it's the law..contruction sites need to keep sand and debris out of the storm drain..she says the idea is to have the clean water filter through the sand bags...are you fucking kidding me?? I said ok and told her to tell her people and to remove a few bags if they think they can...at least it's on the record thanks to me..

then I see a cop checking out the flood then I see some City of Carp guys checking the storm drain out...so the City of Carp did respond pretty quick...they didn't give me the brush off! I AM SOMEBODY AFTER ALL!!

so they said indeed the sandbags are supposed to keep dirt out of the the storm drains and hence out of the ocean...then they used their shovels to make a hole in the dirt and sand that had squeezed out of the sandbags and were causing some more blockages...
 
City of Carp to the rescue

I am astounded..absolutely astounded that there is a law to keep dirt from entering the ocean through the storm drains

but that's what storm drains do..they convey storm run-off to the ocean...the runoff often contains dirt..it has ZERO pollution impact on the ocean waters..none, zip zilch...Nature will take care of it unless someone is pouring tons of acid down the storm drains..but that's not the case here....

then the Carp public works guys leave after rearranging the sand bag berm obstruction at the storm drain entrance...the waters recede into the drain as designed...
 
drains to ocean?? hahahaah!

so in essence, Lash Construction simply BLOCKED the storm drain creating a flooding hazard. next to residences!! and the City of Carp fixed it for them..

but this law that wishes to save the ocean by stopping storm run-off is just cuckoo...I gotta look into it and the folks who are responsible...because they are reprehensible and they just came into my radar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wet euc blossom dander smells like your kitty litter almond roca box. I prefer the scents of native chapparal.