Wednesday, March 23, 2011

different drum...

you and I... travel to the beat of a different drum...

well, we got bird counts and we got homeless counts so why not tree counts! that's what I thought up just awhile ago... so I started counting trees ..there's 1, 2, 3...geez this is gonna take forever..let's just say there's lots of trees out there..out there in nature..and we got some trees in our yards..so I'm watching the SB City Council and another tree removal issue..a giant native oak is starting to devour a house.... the owner wants to remove it...it's on the Mesa...of course he should be allowed to remove it!

but we have tree czar Jill Zackary over-analysing things as usual..what is it about Jill? she bothers me to no end..either she bothers me or she makes me hot and bothered..I can't figure it out...she's just so..righteous!! damn...the girl with the faraway eyes...Jill....I'm confused..you got me going in circles...Jill I could show you some things, but we travel to the beat of a different drum...can't you tell by the way I run, everytime you make eyes at me?? I wonder if Linda Ronstadt has any trees in her yard??

well...Kelam DeForest spoke against removing the tree..have you seen this guy...he's insane!! he should be in an insane asylum!!

then the city council voted to deny the owner's right to remove the tree....4 to 3....Dale Francisco voted to deny!! I don't get it....I'd sue the city if I were the owner..or better yet, just cut it down anyway....then I'd be in trouble with Jill and she might spank me!!

so I'm out counting trees up around XXXX (to protect from nativists) Canyon....there's tons of oaks up there..and eucalyptus...large beautiful specimens..and the creeks is running ..and there's Cape Ivy..I love the stuff and contrary to the nativist propaganda, it does not devour trees..it grows on tree stumps or diseased trees..that's what I've observed....the healthy trees are not even touched!!

I guess some people just can't see the forest for the trees......

1 comment:

KDF said...

eeeuuuuuaaaaaahrrrrrraahhaaahhaahaahheerrrrruuuuhhhhaaah