Saturday, March 19, 2011

running with the pack...

ok I realize now that some dog lovers read this blog..perhaps some of you are in training to become zoo keepers??

I don't know how this happened given my dog issues, and I can't very well knock on your doors, go into your houses and deal with your dogs as I'd like but.. well..it's something perhaps we should talk about...see, as a youngster in Altanta we used to dress up in white sheets and run up and down the hills, calling ourselves vigilantes..now I did this for fun not knowing the racial implications of wearing white sheets...I didn't think it was about that..I was pretty young so it's hard to recall the details..but I do also remember Honeysuckle Hill...no sheets..just kids having a good time in the back woods....
one day I was walking home from playing and as I reached our neighborhood, I saw a German Shepherd starting to follow me...I knew him, his name was "Duke"....he was pretty far away but started barking and running after me..7 years old and couldn't find my way home but when I saw the dog running after me I took off like a Jaquar.. I ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch me and finally reached home where an adult stopped the dog and turned him away...

then, while still in Atlanta, I was attacked, emotionally, by a little pug type thing with a bad ass disposition...he didn't hurt me just got in my face alot....yipping at me growling at me....I just looked at him with pity, even at 7 years old, I could tell who the bullshitters were..this little dog was a bullshitter...also I was walking on a a back road and came upon a bunch of little white boxes with four legs each..about 5 ft tall... I walked thru the little houses and bees started jumping out of the boxes and chasing me..I ran, again harrassed by Mother Nature...but funny, I wasn't stung once well maybe once but they just ran me off...I started thinking about the nature of things after that....

then I met a girl who had some dogs..a German Shepherd who was mean to other dogs and some people but liked me just fine...he was cool and more than a few times I had to pull him off other dogs who were being mauled by him!!

then we happened to get two Schipperkes...I don't know why but there they were..a more neurotic breed I've never seen....

then I happened to meet a girl who had some cats and the cats were hanging on me like little bats and purring ..and they were funny..the funniest animal I have ever seen...and useful when motivated..great hunters!! then a few big orange tabbys at Rancho Monte Alegre...like John Wayne's nephew in True Grit..I love orange tabbys....and they love me...
so Friday I'm riding my bike looking for super waves from the super moon and this little dog starts after me barking behind a fence...I stop and say hello and he looks at me...he looks funny and playful and when I leave he starts barking so I come back and he looks at me again, so I take his picture...he was too cute....I guess dogs are like people, some you like and some you don't..I like wild dogs...coyotes and wolves..there's something in their eyes...something domestic dogs need to get in touch with...something they've lost...and something I'm counting on all of you to help them find....

1 comment:

Lucy Chiang said...

I luv dog. The're dericious.