Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Life in the Fast Lane

surely make you lose your mind

well I haven't seen a helipcopter crash into the Salt Marsh...or a plane ditch into the ocean...I admit it would be cool to see, but of course I don't wish it will happen, much



I've seen a few accidents and some aftermaths on Highway 101 in Carp...some blood and a body covered in a yellow tarp...a spot of blood in the head area....that's a hard way to go smashing on the asphalt....

so I'm always interested when people crash especially since I live close to the freeway...Ventura Highway, in the sun..my favorite highway in all the world

we've had few members of Team Wendy drive drunk in the wrong lane ..wrong-way drivers they now call them...and one ex councilmember from Carp decided to leave 101 and take a shortcut overland to Padaro beach one night..he was drunk and some trees got in his way....

so the latest is some fella driving north in the southbound lane or south in the north bound thru Summerland and crashes in Carp around Santa Monica Road...

the California Highway Patrol has released the name of the driver killed when he drove the wrong way on 101 in Caprintera Monday morning as Tim A. Morhar, 44, from Newbury Park 

he was driving an Infiniti so maybe he was a hotshot realtor or Fast and Furious wannabe??

now I know texting and driving is bad..and yapping on your cell phone while driving is bad news but generally those folks don't drive the wrong way down the freeway....the freeway in Carp is very nice..there's two lanes going north, and two lanes going south and you got scenery..the mountains and the ocean and you should be able to get to your destination if you follow a few simple rules....separating 101 from the frontage road Via Real is a chain-link fence..only once has someone breached that...as I ride my bike on this road, I am constantly aware of flying drunks



so to drive into Santa Barbara, take the north on-ramps on the mountain side...however if you don't follow the rules, you may be so stupid as to try to drive into Santa Barbara via the south bound lanes..those exits that say DO NOT ENTER..you've seen those and so have I... and generally we don't go up those..well sometimes I do on my bike but that's different and for scientific research....

but you don't enter the highway via the exit ramp unless you are really fucked up on drugs and/or booze

it happens and it's the same refrain I keep hearing over and over....

No comments: