Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Fire

let me stand next to your fire......LEMME STAND NEXT TO YOUR FIRE!!

well it certainly has been a spooky October..people living, people dying, people laughing, people crying...and the sky....oh the sky..it's that thing over the bog...it was lit up last night...the moon again...it seems the moon has been everywhere lately...




the morning's high tides fill the vernal pools with white wine

last night, the blood-red moon rose over the mountains like a spirit..I stood on my perch and looked out over the vast openness..or open vastness, whichever...

then it dawned on me, dawn would bring a lunar eclipse..so I arose at midnight and snuck down to the bog under the freeway through the culvert thing and waited...I was greeted by a raccoon and some other creatures....we sat huddled in the mire waiting for the moon to disappear and cast her shadow....but then the fog rolled in hot and heavy and I saw nothing but mist scampering across the land..so I went home

then I woke up at six o'clock and the moon was hightailing it across the western sky as if to run from my admonitions "don't hide behind the fog during a lunar event" I screamed...but off she ran, nearly blinding me in the process..but still, I'll hold her feet to the fire...

and the next time you come around:

be as Grace

and Sprinkle my laughing face

With nectar, and run on..

No comments: