Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Corrina Corrina

I love Corrina, tell the world I do. I love Corrina, tell the world I do. I pray every night she'd learn to love me too...

so I got the sheriff's helicopter buzzing me in the afternoon for whatever reason...I haven't murdered anyone yet, I pay my taxes, and I don't drive drunk so why is he buzzing me??




is it cos I had a little fun with Valerie and Jim... BILL? is that it???

 


well, I did have a dream last night about Kelly...swear to God!! give that girl a raise!!!



so I see a fight brewing across the highway... a territorial fight....kind of a squabble really..the white tailed kites are hanging out in the little eucalyptus trees..the red gums...then the crows started hanging out and tried to drive the white-tail kites off..the kites just look at the crows like they are clowns..like I look at Wendy and Nipper..clowns



then the kites take off and hunt, wings a'flappin' and hovering over the marsh, then they swoop down for the kill...but I think I know why they are called kites...on a windy day, they hover but relax their wings and let the wind hold them, like a kite..that's what they look like when they are not flapping their wings like crazy..they look just like kites....

then they always return to their eucalyptus perch....so the crows are trying in vain to drive the kites off but it's not happening...the kites always call their bluff

so now the crows hang out on the lower branches...it's a little hierarchy of status in the eucalyptus trees! fantastic....



so I see a newcomer to the eucs..a snowy egret....they are always flying back and forth to the marsh, but never stopped in the eucs to chat with the kites..so they hang out for an hour and take off..the kites are here for hours, preening and watching for prey...these birds are mellow, fierce and not easily intimidated....I'ver never seen anything like them!

so the eucalyptus..this little group of trees should be protected from the biodiversity nuts...

I hereby designate the Salt Marsh eucalyptus as protected meaning I will protect them....for the kites the crows and the egrets and any other species like butterflies that use the eucs..maybe it's the wonderful eucalyptus fragrance that keeps parasites away....the kites nest here too

even the Santa Barbara Audubon Society recognizes the importance of eucalyptus:

"We also observed Cooper's Hawks, Red-tailed Hawks, and Red-shouldered Hawks along
Tecolotito Creek in spring and summer 2012. This information demonstrates that the DEIR
inadequately characterizes White-tailed Kite and other raptor occupancy in the project area. The project area is nesting habitat for White-tailed Kites. The Eucalyptus is known to support Redtailed Hawks and White-tailed Kites nesting or intending to nest in them"


don't mess with the eucalyptus trees.... or I'll mess with you... like you've never been messed with before

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your gushing over invasive eucalyptus is really silly. These Kites, Hawks, etc would prefer the perches of previously eradicated Sycamore and Oaks. It is so nice to processes in place, replenishing natives.

Mick Von Caw said...

clown...I'm not interested in what you think the birds prefer, I'm interested in what I think the birds prefer..and they obviously prefer the eucs...there's some sycamores close by that are scoffed at by the kites..clown