Friday, October 3, 2014

The Moon's A Harsh Mistress

it's hard to love her well....

over on EDHAT, someone was crying about their pet, their dog getting kilt by a coyote...over by Sycamore Canyon and Ashley Road....more claims that the coyote was chasing dogs and spotted by gardeners (illegal aliens)...





then the claim that usually follows is "the coyote will get your toddlers"....dog owners are often irrational and hysterical...


I am like a coyote...Brother Coyote...I was raised with a family of coyote pups in an avocado grove many moons ago... and I was out hunting at the beach yesterday....I saw me this tender young lady and started yipping...YIP YIP YIP!!! YUP!!!
 

and years ago the seal watch folks in Carp tried to blame coyotes for attacking seals..it was domestic dogs, not coyotes


 

first of all I see no proof, no pictures....most of these attacks are by the neighbors dog, maybe a German Shepard but it's so easy to blame coyotes...

so I doubt the veracity of the dog owner's story...

the claim that all these wild animals are coming down from the hills in search of water and food because of the drought is semi-crazy...

The frog does not drink up the pond in which he lives


the coyotes and foxes and deer have been in this area forever..esp in Montecito before all the development and mansions, you could spot deer and foxes all the time....if you were lucky...




Every animal knows more than you do

so coyotes are here becasue we all live in close proximity to the mountains....and the beach...and the creek beds

coyotes won't go away..kill one and twenty more take his place... so I don't wanna hear any talk of a lynch mob...I mean domestic dogs hurt more people than coyotes ever will...


32 U.S. dog bite-related fatalities occurred in 2013. Despite being regulated in Military Housing areas and over 700 U.S. cities, pit bulls contributed to 78% (25) of these deaths. Pit bulls make up about 6% of the total U.S. dog population.2 Together, pit bulls (25) and rottweilers (1), the second most lethal dog breed, accounted for 81% of the total recorded deaths in 2013


your domestic dogs don't belong in the wild, in the woods..and if you live in an area where coyotes have always been, it's possible one might attack....but they usually seek out small prey like rats and mice and squirrels...chickens and roosters..and road runners

Coyote is always out there waiting, and Coyote is always hungry

I've seen a few coyotes behind Summerland and they have never been aggressive towards me...of course, I was in my truck but still...even in Carp, they wander the back roads at night, never stopping to harass...always moving with a purpose...

I love these wild dogs!!


so I think the person who's crying about his dead dog is full of it...another domestic dog probably killed his dog....until I see proof, the coyote is vindicated as the killer...

The moon is not shamed by the barking of dogs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're really mixed up. Surprised you don't rant about native coyotes the way you rant about native plants. And you don't really care about native seal lion pups do you.

Mick Von Caw said...

WTF are you talking about???