Monday, November 17, 2014

Downtown Train

will I see you tonight, on a downtown train??



geez!

well I said I was gonna go check out the Volksmarch in Carp...so I did...like I said I would..a real lovely afternoon so I swing into town...down by the train station..the open air station...the train tracks..it's a cool spot with the old beach houses neighborhood, some gentrification going on but not too bad...




lots of folks eating at the Spot..so I park..over yonder is Island Brewery...signs all over the place...it's 1:25 in the afternnoon and the beer march (for the Foodbank) is supposed ta start at 1:30 pm....so I get out and wait..then I wait some more .. I see some folks at the brewery milling about..one guy in this 80s with a walker..some slackers...some beerhounds...a boozehound from FOX NEWS and a hippie


 

then I see a funky old black bus called the Brew Bus pulls up... with a beep beep backup horn....he parks in front of me on the mountain side of the railroad tracks....then two ladies walk up to or out of the bus and say a few words to the driver...then the ladies head off to Island Brewery using the little walkway...then I see them take big swigs from their cans of beer! whoa..that one gal be chooglin'!! pounding da brew down


then the guys get out of the Brew Bus...big fat ugly guys....I'm standing there taking pictures and laughing at them...



I see no one marching..no beer march or cans of food for the needy...just folks drinking beer..

so I'm thinking instead of a volksmarch which is all about getting exercise, that a few drunks from Island Brewey will get on the Brew Bus and will be DRIVEN to Rincon Brewery, then DRIVEN to the micro brewery by the Salt Marsh instead of actually expending any energy to walk..that energy apparently is needed to drink beer...hahahaha

it is almost unbelievable that this subculture of beer-swilling retards is allowed out on the public streets..they can't even walk three blocks by themselves!!!



geez, what a bunch of bozos on that bus...what a joke....but my real concern is safety..a bunch of stumbling bumbling drunks by the railraod tracks...a big fast Surfliner sure could make short work of them...

hmmmmm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We exited Island Brewing through the back lot... heading south. You missed it!

Oh well, try this to relive some of the fun we had...
https://www.flickr.com/gp/tompics47/3A522W/show