Friday, November 14, 2014

Tortilla Flat

'Thoughts are slow and deep and golden in the morning'

now Seinfeld was a funny show...I sometimes steal stuff from Jerry and the gang and use it on this blog and Elaine, or Julia Louis Dreyfus is pretty funny..she's weird and belongs to Heal the Ocean and I know she doesn't know a thing about the ocean or water pollution, but hey she's an actress and what do actresses know??




and Julia married Brad and Brad is the brother of some Laguna gals from the day...and I went to Laguna with them (one of them was named Julia!) and both became ministers..pretty blonde girls and super smart-they breezed thru their studies while I struggled sooo bad with geometry and Latin...I finally mastered both: et tu?


so I guess the actress Julia is practically my sister..she lives in Montecito where I grew up and she lives by the Miramar and the church..All Saints by the Sea where they have a lesbian rector..not that there's anything wrong with that (see?)

so Julia you're like my soul sister!

I'm watching Tortilla Flat a few nights ago with Spencer Tracy and John Garfield..and Frank Morgan (from the Wizard of Oz!) and of course Hedy Lamarr..geez...I missed a lot of movies and Tortilla Flat was one of them but Hedy Lamarr blew me away...what a doll!! now there's an actress!!

so Tortilla Flat was a Steinbeck book...hey Steinbeck and Seinfeld sorta sound alike! but the story was about some regular folks up in Monterey..a little seaside village then..and these folks were salt of the earth and liked to drink wine...one of the guys loved dogs and hid his money in the woods like some of the Carp ranchers do I bet they got millions buried in those avocado groves..




so I'm reading the News-Press article and the Coastal View ad and I see they the breweries popping up like cockroaches in a little seaside village called Carpinteria...first Island Brewery with that fat old white guy....then Rincon Brewery on Carp Ave and now a micro brewery down by the marsh where I like to hang out..this is not good..not good....

We need to put a cap on these places...breweries use tons of water and of course the beertards drink all day and that mean DUIs..which means I gotta be extra careful when I go downtown...

Amish???

but the guys..the short stature, the troll beards, the white skin...where'd they come from? Seattle? Pennsylvania?? Germany??

well, I see they plan a little march on Sunday from at 1:30 in the afternoon....called a Volksmarch..something Germans started...Hitler enjoyed volksmarching and we know what a lunatic he was...

but the beer trolls will start at Island Brewery walk to Rincon Brewery and end up at the micro place...I hope some of these fat guys don't drop dead of heart attacks...but it may be kinda fun to watch...I'll have a full report... to participate in the march you need to donate a can or two of food for the Food Bank..they just threw that in but the gist of the march is to advertise their beer joints and make them seem like good guys...

I'll ask the Carp City Council to put a cap on breweries here... I simply can't have these freaks walking around Carp with their short little legs and arms lifting beer glasses to their troll-bearded faces....and then drinking and driving....

I must put a stop to this non-native invasion!!

No comments: