Friday, November 28, 2014

Parchman Farm

Well, I'm putting that cotton in a never-full sack,
A twelve-gauge shotgun at my back

it's Black Friday and I saw a black dude in Santa Barbara a few days ago...he looked pretty suspicious like he was gonna steal something...blacks folks have a had tough week but take heart...if pretty blonde Heidi Klum likes black guys, then you dudes got something to live for..hey I like pretty blondes, too!!




and there's lots of Christians out there and we know all about them and their little schemes...but what about Buddhism? I became interested in the Buddha when I heard Jethro Tull do Dharma for One on their first album...I figured if Buddhism is good enough for Jethro, then dang it's ok by me...




so I studied it and read the mags and followed the nuns and the fat Asian fellas in red robes..I've never seen a Buddhist monk in a pair of jeans...or a nun in a bra...but then the Dalai Lama never made much sense to me..an old bald Chinese guy with a bad case of the giggles..how could he enlighten me? then Richard Gere got involved with the Dalai Lama and what the world doesn't need is another enlightened actor...

I picked up a News-Press on Thanksgiving and it fell out of my hands with a thud..it was heavy..filled with ads and glossy circulars for Black Friday...Buddhism talks about circular things..ie things that go round in circles alot...like Andy Caldwell's take on Thankgiving in the Guest Editorial...according to Andy, we Americans seek dependence on God as part of our unalienable rights...Andy got me there....a Zen riddle perhaps



I was watching Casablanca a few nights ago...living in California, I too came for the waters, but was misinformed! and Bogey was sitting at the smokey bar trying to drink Ingrid Bergman off his mind...geez what's up with blonde chicks..but it was intense.. I tried to do that once...didn't work..and I heard that Buddhist monks get drunk once a year just to dance away the cobwebs....

is it answers we seek? hearts to change? or a place to hide from the demons...or maybe just a good omelet...or maybe just some fun every now and then...

sometimes it seems the whole world is a stage and I'm a two-bit actor playing a two-bit part...of all the stages in all the playhouses of all the blogs in all the world, she walks into mine..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only time the News-Press has any content is when it's stuffed with circulars. I'm so glad I pay a subscription to have the same junk mail delivered to my home that the Post Office stuffs into my mailbox against my will.

Anonymous said...

The News-Press has to make its money pushing junk ads in circulars, because its printed advertising is almost non-existent. There would be even less ads in the paper if local businesses knew how the News-Press has been misrepresenting its circulation figures. They keep giving the same circulation numbers that were last confirmed almost two years ago, not telling advertisers about the precipitous drop in circulation since their last audit back then. Newspapers used to be accountable to the Audit Bureau of Circulation which audited newspapers on the behalf of advertisers. Two years ago, the Audit Bureau, seeing the trouble little newspapers were in, dropped their requirement for mandatory audits, letting papers with a circulation of less than 25,000 slide. Now these papers only have a voluntarily option to be audited and the News-Press is among those choosing not to be honestly audited. So when sales people quote a circulation of 25,000 to businesses while selling ads, they may not even been close to the mark of current circulation. When the paper cut itself it half, cancellations came flying in.