Thursday, November 13, 2014

Suavecito

Whenever you're in my arms. Girl, you're filling me with all your charms. Suavecito, mi niña. Suavecito, mi niña (The feeling that I have inside) Suavecito, mi linda

did Wendy P McCuckoo sell her newspaper?? well not that one, the other one! El Mexicano de Santa Bárbara... I pick up the paper at the coffee shop and the name has changed a few times, but I've always seen Wendy and Nipper's name on the masthead as the publishers..this latest incarnation, El Latino seems like the same paper format, but no Wendy..and no Nipper




hmmmmm

I was at the car wash in Santa Barbara and a pretty Latina gal was cleaning out her car...those Latinas sure can clean...and she was..well her legs were hanging out the side of the door and..well... as if to titilate me...and titilated I was..I could barely finishing drying my truck!

but anyhoo I called the News-Press and asked and the receptionist said "ah, maybe Wendy sold it" then she transfers me to the Human Resources gal known as the Angel of Death, Yolanda... she likes to fire people so they named her the Angel of Death





she hemmed and hawed and twisted and turned and said the News-Press doesn't publish El Latino..I asked if Wendy sold it and Yolanda got all huffy and says Wendy didn't sell it..she owns the Santa Barbara Latino weekly...I got the feeling that bitchy Yolanda was lying thru her pretty little teeth...

so I check online and there is a SB Latino but the IP address takes me to the News-Press..so I check this and that and that and this and I'm goin' round in circles like a dog chasing my tail..
then I see that the editor of El Latino, a Carlos Hernandez, switched the name twice: Switched the name of the Publication from "El Mexicano de Santa Bárbara" to "Santa Bárbara Latino... and later switched the name of the Publication from "Santa Bárbara Latino" to "El Latino Newspaper" to make it "more appealing to a broader audience"....




now this leads me to a rough conclusion: Wendy used to own this weekly paper and she sold it because of the News-Press money crunch.....and the paper has morphed into El Latino without Wendy's name anywhere!

so was Yolanda, the Angel of Death, lying to me when I talked to her on the phone?? did Wendy sell her weekly Latino paper? ..will Wendy sell the News-Press next...

or will I be lied to again by the Angel of Death....Yolanda, you need to soften up a bit..be nice to the customers...be real nice to me

Suavecito, mi linda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They fired the entire (latino) staff of the News Press' latino publication a couple months ago, even though it was getting more advertising than their dull special interest GOP rag The Santa Barbara High School Press. Her big plan is make up for her losses by renting out half of the News-Press building, but she's had no takers because no body likes to be housed by a slum lord with a reputation for breaking the law. Don't blame the NP's HR staff for being a bunch of cowering, deceitful scumbags, look who the work for.

Anonymous said...

I blame Yolanda Apodaca alone for her lack of professional ethics. She conspired with Scott Steepleton to publicly slander a former News-Press employee who had come to her for help with a personal problem and was promised confidentiality. I learned long ago that HR staffers are rarely interested in truly helping a company's workers. Apodaca was awful. BTW, did you know she started her career at the News-Press as a switchboard operator?