Tuesday, November 25, 2014

On The Way Home

I went insane/ like a smoke-ring day when the wind blows

in 2011, back when the News-Press was a real paper, Hannah Beth Jackson was..whoops I mean Darryl Hannah was on the front page accepting an environmentalist award..then I hear that Darryl Genis and Neil Young..opps, I mean Darryl Hannah and Neil Young hooked up...good for Neil!!



and the NP editorials were being written by libertarian pothead Lanny Ebenstein who claimed that California was going to fall into the sea unless public employees gave up all their benefits and salaries commensurate with the private sector...the private sector you might recall was screwing Californians (ENRON) and the taxpayers were bailing out banks and insurance companies (aig) who were living too high on the hog...ironically, Lanny's 2011 "impending doom" scenerio eerily forecasted the demise of the News-Press!!



since Obama took office in 2008: stock market close to 18000 points; Osama Bin Laden dead; no recession and no inflation; housing market robust; no banks or insurance companies being bailed out by taxpayers and we got pretty Latinas everywhere!!

ok so Obama can't protect Americans in Benghazi or Iraq..so what..he can't protect Americans in America..NO ONE CAN!!!

then we see Lanny tried to editorialize his way to higher property taxes to support SBCC fiscal mismanagement...

so today, the News-Press has shrunk and Lanny went underground...California did not fall into the sea and CALPERS holdings are over 300 billion dollars...that's the pool public workers draw from after contributing to when they decide to retire...

is it any wonder that conservatives want to steal that money???

speaking of stealing money, I don't bank at Montecito Bank and Trust because I don't trust them..get it? the old dude Towbes is too creepy and Ann looks like a Stepford wife..so I see they celebrate nonprofits every year and congratulate themselves for giving money...1 million according report by Palminteri...one million given to 184 nonprofits..that's about five grand per nonprofit..at this time of year it's a tax write off..a charitble deduction for the bank..these folks don't fool me...184 nonprofits!!! why do we need 184 nonprofits??? tax-exempt nonprofits??

I don't know about you, but if my for-profit bank was giving away my money to nonprofits, I'd be concerned I may have to bail them out again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... "in 2011, back when the News-Press was a real paper"