Saturday, October 3, 2015

Heartbreaker

don't you mess around with me

undoubtedly the best Avocado Festival ever...the weather was sunny and perfect..Oct 3.. a Saturday preceded by The Haunting on Friday eve...Julie Harris and Claire Bloom..oh so good!




so I usually go a little early and take in the vibe which was really good this year...kids dancing at the Main Stage..I mean little kids...while Hendrix, Stevie Wonder and Diana Ross hits played...it was so sweet...




then at 10:00 am, the music starts with a young band called Stolen Thunder...bass, guitar drums and blonde pretty chick singer..they blew me away....rocked out Pat Benetar's Heartbreaker real good!




they can't be more than 16 years old and the guitar player is down...the chick singer had some serious pipes..MY GOD!! I love it!!! the attitude!! these kids are awesome!!


 
 

so after a few songs I wandered around and new this year was a Ferris Wheel..in the middle of the street..and it's fully functional! cool...

and the food joints...I love the Thai place and loaded up on sweet and sour chicken and chicken on a stick...fried to perfection...I walked down the street with the plate and people were oooing and ahhing..I gave them free smells..haha...

now I don't know what's wrong with the Dalai Lama, but maybe if he ate more Thai food he wouldn't act so silly


 

then I got some limes and avocados.. some as big as boobs!! ooh mama!!


and more people rushed in from the side streets and pretty soon Linden was full..it was great...people were riding on the Ferris Wheel...families were walking and dancing...the dads were cool, no signs of snapping..no heartbreakers here....

one old lady was on the ground, writhing in pain..but stuff happens! the mayor took care of her

good job dads!! you looked very proud of your families!!



still plenty of time to join the fun and I guarantee you'll love it... or I'll be a bluenose gopher!

No comments: