Monday, October 3, 2016

Eulalie

I dwelt alone, In a world of moan,
And my soul was a stagnant tide,
Till the fair and gentle Eulalie became my blushing bride —
Till the yellow-haired young Eulalie became my smiling bride



 
 
this morning I got up and stumbled around...I couldn't speak, I could only moan... not unlike Frankenstein

now, how am I supposed to find a black moon in a black sky?..it's a question I posited or a postulate I questioned many times over the last week...I know the black moon is there, sailing low across the sky....it's there but I can't see it..perhaps a metaphor for having eyes but not using them enough...I saw the black moon rise in the morning a few days ago, just a slight silver shadow over the mountains, then today it set over the ocean in the early evening..the moon rising in the morning confused the fuck outta me

it looked simply odd and wonderful, that of which I could see...but a good way to start off October

I watched Young Frankenstein and laughed alot.. a fitting tribute to Gene Wilder...then I saw The Son Of Frankenstein...horror movies I've loved since I was a kid...The Son Of Frankenstein was the film Young Frankenstein lovingly spoofed...

so watching these two films side by side is a kick because they are funny and spooky...a cool old house with big shadows at night and a rainstorm with thunderous lightning: Dr Frankestein played by Basil Rathbone assures us through his wife: nothing in nature is horrifying when one understands it

the wife and kid turned it into a romantic-comedy-horror masterpiece...the Inspector with the wooden arm tells the kid the arm is not his and the little kid asks "well, whose is it?"

the Moon in a purple sky

No comments: