Saturday, June 4, 2011

last train to Clarksville...

the bible says if I'm to inherit anything I need to become meek..ok, I'll be meek....may I post something today, please...thank you...I wouldn't want to offend anyone, please forgive me if I do..it is not intentional.....

ok..that felt weird...but the reason for this little exercise is I would very much like to inherit the Clark Estate...I think it is perhaps the coolest property in the world..shrouded in innocence and mystery...that is a profound gift in itself to leave to Santa Barbara..to have a majestic property by the beach and not do anything to it!! the owner Huguette Clark sounds like my kinda girl... the more I read about her, the more I like her...the old photos tell the story..I don't think she was a recluse, just a little unique...and the Clark Estate would be a perfect second home for me!!

Huguette Clark was a musician, an artist and preferred speaking French... et Je parle un peu francais aussi!

in the early 1900's she turned the Andree Clark Bird Refuge from a saltwater to a freshwater pond..the Bird Refuge was named after her deceased sister...now of course she should have left the Bird lake salt water and allow the natural tidal flushes..this would prevent the yearly algae blooms and fish die offs that stink to high Heaven..but.... I forgive her for that..she was working from the heart...

when you hear all the news about home prices tumbling and the economy tanking..don't believe it..it's all political BS...that home is worth over one hundred million dollars....if I get it, I won't do a thing with it in keeping with Huguette's philosophy..even tho she barely lived there she understood the Santa Barbara tradition of grand old estates..of stone and charm and history....

contrast this to someone like Ty Warner...this dude bothers me....he got his money selling stupid beanie babies to stupid people....Huguette got her money from the copper industrialist family, a working class family....that's a more solid background even tho she inherited her wealth...but that's what they did back then..she must have been meek, in a good way... tell me, what's more important..copper piping to convey water in your house, or a freakin' beanie baby??

America used to be filled with industrialists, now we got grown men who play with dolls....or grown women who look like dolls.. I picked up the latest edition of the Independent and was aghast!! this chick looks like Ty Warner!!! no wrinkles..no life!!!
just plastic....very scary

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39006900

and look at Ty's properties...he bought a few old estates on Channel Drive and destroyed them! the old ones were cool..I used to hang out in them with my Laguna Blanca buddies ..wild kids we were back then...but I had to move on....

now when you go past Ty's houses you'll see excess...giant ornate orange botoxed monstrosities that detract from the area...over manicured....it's very creepy compared to the beautiful austerity of the Clark Estate...Ty wanted to buy it years ago, but thankfully they rejected him....I know he would have destroyed that too....

maybe I'll do a little seance tonight and see if I can communicate with Huguette..and maybe we can work out a deal....I think in the afterlife, she'll be very receptive....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I suggest you speak to her attorney (who stole from his mentor at the law firm)and her convicted felon accountant or Price Postel and Parma, their local contact. Don't go alone!
Bill Dedman's(Pulitzer winner) articles for MSNBC will give you some background.